Saturday, April 26, 2008

Venice

Last fall I took my mother to Rome and Venice. While in Venice we went over to the Island of Murano. Some of the materials I use in my mosaics are made there like the smalti and millefiori. Below are some examples of my work with the Italian materials.




Duck in Party Hat



PeacockHappy Fish


This picture was taken from the famous Rialto bridge

Here is the Rialto bridge

The classic gondolas


We then took the boat over to the island of Murano above is a mosaic.



A mosaic of the glass blowers of Murano.

Glass blowers working on a sculpture at the Berengo Gallery.

2 comments:

Hedgelands Glass Lass said...

Oh you lucky pair of ladies! What a treat to visit the Murano works and buy some of the glass there. Your mosaics are gorgeous! I have only dabbled in glass mosaic.

Mrs.Kwitty said...

Fantastic! I just love the duck in the hat..he has such an endearing quality.

Smiles, Karen